Need full color shirts FAST? Then DTG is the solution. Direct to Garment (aka DTG) printing is an alternative to screen printing that is designed for 100% ringspun cotton T-shirts. A DTG printer, similar to a large inkjet printer, prints directly on top of clothing using special ink designed for textiles. It’s ideal for T-shirt designs that demand full-color, shadows or gradients, which include photographs and high-resolution images or logos containing a variety of different colors. DTG printing is optimal for small orders, and resizes, where the standard size of an image needs to be reduced down to fit on small sizes like youth or onesies. If you are looking for a lot of colors on a few shirts, DTG is the answer.
1. First, we review your artwork to make sure that it will turn out as beautiful as possible.
2. We’ll send you a digital mockup of your design (a proof) and ask that you approve it before printing begins.
3. Then, the print area of the garment will be treated with a special solution that helps the ink show up on darkly colored fabric.
4. The printing process comes next – the garment printer will first lay down a white base coat before reproducing the color image.
5. To set and seal the design, the garment is dried with high heat before being packed and ready for you.
Q: How do I place an order or get a quote for DTG printing?
To request a quote or place an order simply e-mail us at [email protected] with the following details:
• Attach Design or Artwork, with specified colors of design.
• Specify the type of garment or product needed. As well as, color, sizes, quantity.
• Would you like the design printed on the front, back, sleeve?
• When needed by?
• Name and Phone Number
Once we’ve received all the information above, we generate a quote and send it your way. To finalize the order, you can give us a call or come into our store and we can check you out.
Q: How quickly can you produce DTG t-shirts?
Some orders can be printed and ready in as little as 24 hours, but the standard is 7 to 10 business days.
Q: Do you have minimums per order?
No. No minimums!
Q: Will I see a proof before my order goes into production?
All artwork is to be approved via a digital mock-up through email or text message. Artwork must be checked for spelling, color, sizes ordered, placement of the art and accuracy of artwork by the customer. Once approved by the client we start production.
Q: Can I mix apparel styles, sizes and colors?
Yes, you can choose from our catalog of apparel any colors, sizes and styles!
Q: Can I order DTG on black garments?
Yes! We accommodate any order, light or dark, large or small.
Q: What kinds of images are best for DTG t-shirts?
The higher the resolution, the better. There are many types of files we can work with, but the files that will provide the best quality for printing are vector files.
Vector Files: Adobe Illustrator (.ai, .eps), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Also acceptable are high-resolution bitmap images. With these types of files, we recommend at least 300dpi.
Bitmap Files: Adobe Photoshop (.psd), JPEG Images (.jpeg), TIFF Images (.tif)
Don’t have art? Just tell your Customer Care Rep what your idea is or send us a photo and we can work from there.
Please note that DTG garments should be washed inside-out in cold water to help maintain the vibrancy of the design. Dried on low heat setting and delicate.
EGOS TEES is not responsible for manufacturer defects such as color inconsistencies, stitching errors, mislabeled garments, loose/inconsistent stitching, and/or garment defects (holes in garments, ripped seams, etc.). We try our hardest to inspect the garments as we print them, but we cannot guarantee each garment. We are not the manufacturers of these garments, so we cannot ensure their construction.